The Ethical Meat Handbook
7.5 x 9”
|Language of origin|
Revised and Updated 2nd Edition
From sourcing to butchery, mindful meat eating for the modern omnivore
nuTriTion, environmenT, eThics – it seems there’s no end to the food factors we must consider, and at the center of the dietary storm is animal-based agriculture.
In this full-color 2nd edition of The Ethical Meat Handbook, author Meredith Leigh argues that by assuming responsibility for the food on our fork and the route by which it gets there, animals can be an optimal source of food, fiber, and environmental management. This new edition covers:
- Integrating animals into your garden or homestead
- Step-by-step color photos for beef, pork, lamb, and poultrybutchery
- 100+ recipes for whole-animal cooking
- Culinary highlights: preparing difficult cuts, sauces, and extras
- Charcuterie, including history, general science, and tooling up
- Discussion of economics and parameters for responsible meatproduction.Eating diversely may be the most revolutionary and proactive action we can take to ensure the sustainability of our food system. This book challenges us to take a hard look at our dietary choices and enjoy delicious food that benefits our health and our planet.