|Language of origin
Softcover with flaps
Learn the most effective exercises for proper and pain-free walking and running
Our feet do hard work – day in, day out they have to support our entire body weight for decades, and at the same time compensate for the increasing weakness of our connective tissue. It thus comes as no surprise that our feet will make themselves felt through pain if we don’t take care of them properly, with malposition, incorrect stresses or even minor injuries threatening to turn our daily walk into a very painful experience.
Don’t let it even come to that! Health trainer and exercise expert Béatrice Drach-Schauer has some easy and specific everyday exercises for you to train your foot muscles, prevent injuries or incorrect stresses and counteract common malpositions such as hallux valgus, flat or splay foot thoroughly and effectively. In some cases, however, exercises alone will not do, which is why the author has also asked doctors, podiatrists and other experts to contribute their advice on the respective topics.
Do the self-test to see what shape your feet are actually in and discover the joy of walking again! Foot Essentials will teach you what to do for life-long stable and pain-free walking.
- How to stand and walk properly – your foot essentials 101
- Comprehensive self-test: What shape are your feet in?
- Fitness for feet: everyday exercises for healthy feet
- Keep your feet healthy: healing foot care and proper footwear
- Walking barefoot – this is how you ensure foot and ankle stability
- Foot health 101 for runners – fit on foot