Essential Rainwater Harvesting
8.5 x 11”
|Language of origin|
A Guide to Home-Scale System Design
Water is a crucial resource increasingly under stress. Yet rainfall, even in arid climates, can make up a sizable portion of any home, acreage or farm water budget if harvested and utilized with care. he key is high quality site-specific design and sensible maintenance.
Essential Rainwater Harvesting is a comprehensive manual for designing, building, and maintaining water harvesting systems for the warm and cold climates of the world. Presenting considerations for the most common household rainwater supply scenarios – primary, supplemental and of-grid – this step-by-step approach covers:
– Planning for full-property water security
– Guidance on navigating regulatory requirements
– Templates for building your own spreadsheet-based calculation tool
– Site-specific planning and spatial layout
– Materials and component design and selection
– System maintenance and upkeep.
Incorporating the latest independent research, this practical resource provides DIYers, trades, and rainwater practitioners with the essential tools, methods and technical know-how to design and confidently build and maintain rainwater harvesting systems that produce quality water without necessarily the need for end-of-line disinfection or sterilization.