DIY Mushroom Cultivation
7.5 x 9”
|Language of origin|
Growing Mushrooms at Home for Food, Medicine, and Soil
With applications in permaculture, urban farming, cooking, natural medicine, and the arts, interest in home-scale mushroom cultivation is exploding. Yet many beginners remain daunted by the perceived complexity of working with fungi.
DIY Mushroom Cultivation is the remedy, presenting proven, reliable, low-cost techniques for home-scale cultivation that eliminate the need for a clean-air lab space to grow various mushrooms and their mycelium.
Beautiful full-color photos and step-by-step instructions accompany a foundation of mushroom biology and ecology to support a holistic understanding of the practice. Growing techniques are applicable year- round, for any space from house to apartment, and for any climate, budget, or goal. Techniques include:
– Setting up a home growing space
– Inexpensive, simple DIY equipment
– Culture creation from mushroom tissue or spores u Growing and using liquid cultures and grain spawn u Growing mushrooms on waste streams
– Indoor fruiting
– Outdoor mushroom gardens and logs
– Harvesting, processing, tinctures, and cooking.
Whether you hunt mushrooms or dream about growing and working with them but feel constrained by a small living space, DIY Mushroom Cultivation is the ideal guide for getting started in the fascinating and delicious world of fungiculture.